We know you’ve been thinking – What can I do to help keep DC Theatre Scene going? – and we’ve come up with some answers and a brand new feature.
– We are now partners with Amazon.com, so if, when you shop on Amazon, you enter through our portal, we’ll get a commission. How?, you ask. You’ll notice a small Amazon ad on some of our latest reviews. (Here’s a sample.) Click on that, and then navigate anywhere on Amazon. And when you check out – voila! – change in our coffers. (It’s not a big commission.)
– Last month we received our 501C3 status, making contributions to us tax deductible. We need support for what we are already doing and have some new projects we want to bring you, so we are looking for people who know their way around the grants and donor worlds. Or maybe you’d like to be a donor yourself. To discuss, write [email protected]
– We want to reach more people just like you. You probably know a few of them. If everyone who read us told 10 friends about us, and they all liked the site, and started buying tickets to shows, and Amazon stuff, we’d make some money, and the whole theatre community would benefit.
– Our free newsletter subscription service is now working – it was out of commission for a few weeks. Why? Let’s just say Google was involved. But it’s back, so we hope you’ll sign up for daily updates of all our postings. (The subscription signup is on the top right hand column. Cute orange person on bench reading RSS newspaper. Yes. We get the irony of that.)
– Finally, in this What can YOU do to help Washington’s Liveliest Theatre Site? list: Every day more than 2,000 computers click on our site. Sitting at those keyboards are audience members, performers, theatre staff, visitors, etc. Think of it as a unique way to get in touch, so leave a comment. We’re at our liveliest when you all talk with each other.