This year, DC Theatre Scene’s 20 reviewers covered 118 shows in Capital Fringe, with a record-breaking 40 shows earning their Top 5 Picks. Online voting is open now to choose the overall DCTS Fringe Awards for Favorite Play, Musical, Solo Show, Family Show and Dance Performance. Voters have til 10 pm tonight – Tuesday, July 28th – to select the winners. Vote here.
At its closing night party, Capital Fringe announced the winners of its online poll:
• Best Overall: “4:48 Psychosis”
• Best Solo Performer: “Headscarf and the Angry Bitch”
Best Experimental: “Bad Hamlet”
• Best Musical Play: “Fall of the House of Usher”
• Best Comedy: “Cabaret Coo Coo”
• Best Drama:”4:48 Psychosis”
• Best Dance: “Annabel Lee”
• Best Musical: “Please Listen: A Musical Chaos”
• Directors’ Award: Ed Hamell, “Terorism of Everyday Life”
Overall impressions: July is forever changed, thanks to Capital Fringe, which reinvigorates the DC theatre scene, and this year delivered the best performed festival ever. Congratulations to everyone.