Thanks to Hip-Hop Theater Festival for Eblasting this news.
The National Theater Project (NTP)‘s Creation & Touring Grants provide funds for creation and touring of collaborative, devised projects. These grants are highly competitive and are awarded to approximately 6 projects annually. Grants generally range from $80,000 to $130,000.
New England Foundation for the Arts’ (NEFA) National Theater Project is a system of support for devised, collaborative theater works.
NTP Creation & Touring Grants:
- support both the production and touring of innovative work.
- support projects developed using a range of methods, varying types of collaborations, and at diverse stages of development.
NTP is particularly interested in supporting work that reflects the evolving environment for theater, including but not limited to projects that:
- Expose audiences to devised theater work of outstanding quality and originality.
- Push the aesthetic boundaries and reflect the cultural and aesthetic diversity alive in theater today.
- Nurture long-term, productive, and multifaceted partnerships between project and development partners, leading to the highest quality possible in the production of the completed work.
- Have an understanding of touring devised work and strategies for creating a tour.
- Offer the potential for deeper community engagement.
- Enhance the creation of a national network of presenters, producing theaters, and ensemble theaters with venues that will increase the potential for touring.
• May 3, 2012: Preliminary Application deadline
• June 2012: Projects selected to submit final applications notified
• September 2012: Selection and announcement of NTP projects